Are you suffering from meaningless or erratic data? Do you face issues with data quality and operational inefficiencies? Are you looking to improve your product’s marketability or decrease your compliance cost? Oracle’s Product Data Hub (PDH) is the solution for you!
The Product Data Hub is a single product storage source that can consolidate and control all functional units by facilitating businesses with tools to integrate the entirety of their product data from various systems into the central hub. The PDH fulfills data quality and standardization requirements through the Oracle Enterprise Data Quality (EDQ).
The EDQ is a data quality platform that delivers goal-oriented information for several data domains. The PDH also offers integration services that help share production information both within the organization and with external business associates. This state-of-the-art solution enhances your capabilities in governance and data security. It also allows you to control quality tools to collaboratively manage data through the system.
Trusted Product Information
Often, organizations undergo problems in terms of data duplication, version inaccuracy, and hindrance in accessing information. The Product Data Hub improves operational efficiency through its central repository to deliver the capability to:
- Integrate both the supply and sales aspects of the supply chain product records to securely stock product information of all finished goods
- Combine products and components in a central system to serve as an inside product catalog for all applications in order to manage product specifications, documents, and configurations
- Keep a reliable source of product information with a cohesive product data quality collected on the basis of verified business rules so as to ensure clean, accurate product information
Enhance Product Marketability
Competitive pressures, cost challenges and customer expectations are driving companies to accelerate time-to-market for new products and services. Having accurate information and repeatable, reliable product introduction processes, allows companies to realize revenues faster, increase market share and enhance brand image. Establishing a single source of product information will provide consistency in product launch, accurate and complete information across sales channels, ultimately ensuring a differentiated customer experience. Oracle Product Hub provides key productivity tools to efficiently manage new item introduction:
- Workflow-driven process automation allowing the extended enterprise and third parties to participate in the product definition and enrichment processes, ensuring data accuracy and enforcing repeatable best practices
- Exception-based product change processes which automate product updates whilst requiring user review and approval on exception basis based on business policies, e.g. if price change is more than 1%, then route for approval, otherwise apply change
- Mass creation, maintenance and approval of items via pre-built user productivity tools and inheritance framework to rapidly generate or apply changes across multiple items whilst consistently applying business rules
- Single data import user interface for managing data staging processes across all data sources – internal and external with support for high volume data loads or excel integration to simplify smaller loads for business users
Share Accurate Information with the Extended Product Value Chain
Taking collaboration across and beyond the enterprise establishes a strong foundation for better content management. Efficient synchronization of accurate product data with internal systems, and with customers and suppliers is critical for enabling the product value chain throughout demand and supply chain operations. Oracle Product Hub serves as a platform for collaboration and integration of all processes in your value chain that touch product from design, to supply, to production, to sales, and provides:
- Granular role-based access based on job function, product responsibility and type of data, allowing both internal and external parties to securely access and maintain information about their products
- Embedded integration services – web services, APIs and business events – to drive accurate product information to the extended enterprise
- Publication workbench to streamline the process of batching and tracking of data and metadata from the hub to consuming systems
- Prebuilt common objects and services with integration to E-Business Suite, Siebel CRM and Agile PLM with AIA Integration Packs for Product Master Data Management to simplify and accelerate business process integrations